1. Serves as legal counsel of the PNP and, in coordination with the OSG, provides legal service to the PNP in actions filed before the courts, quasi-judicial and administrative bodies;
2. Adjudicates claims for retirement and/or separation benefits for uniformed and non-uniformed PNP personnel;
3. Studies contracts affecting the PNP and submits appropriate recommendations pertaining hereto;
4. Renders legal opinions on matters arising from the administration and operation of the Philippine National Police;
5. Provides legal assistance and advice to PNP personnel; and
6. Performs such other functions and duties as may be required by law or competent authorities or as may be directed by the Chief, PNP.