1. Serves as legal counsel of the PNP and, in coordination with the OSG, provides legal service to the PNP in actions filed before the courts, quasi-judicial and administrative bodies;
2. Studies contracts affecting the PNP and submits appropriate recommendations pertaining hereto;
3. Renders legal opinion on matters arising from the administration and operation of the Philippine National Police;
4. Provides legal assistance and advice to PNP personnel; and
5. Performs such other functions and duties as may be required by law or competent authorities or as may be directed by the Chief, PNP.